Saturday 22 October 2016

SUPER MARIO HAIR

You might already have seen pictures or read stories about the Super Mario hair, I was surprised when I saw how much it had spread in just a few days, starting with an article in Harpers Bazaar.
We in X-presion were preparing for a show in Tokyo and my colleague asked me to make a pixelated Super Mario colour as a fun little tribute to Japan.
It took about a week from I started to the finished colour, I didn't want to make it like a stencil on the surface of the hair, I wanted to make it with real colours and in a way so when the hair falls naturally you just see some horisontal highlights, but when you comb the hair to one side or another you will see the Mario figure in the classic 1981 form come into view.
And what was just thought as a funny little thing for our show in Tokyo has spread like ripples in the water the last few days to magazines around the world.

In the bottom of this article I have added links from some of the magazines.


Check the video and pictures:





































Refinery29
    Popsugar
    Allure
    Huffingtonpost
    Teenvogue
    Look
    Someecards
    Heatstreet
    Fashionmagazine
    Hello giggles
    TheOutfit
    Zoomtv
    Yahoo
    Oxygen

#xpresioncreativos #supermario #supermariohair #nintendo #supernintendo

No comments:

Post a Comment